Web UI Software Engineer in Test
Are you passionate about web technologies? Do you enjoy solving challenging problems and thinking outside the box?
If so, join our team and help us test complex user interfaces that are part of the MATLAB and Simulink product lines.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for developing automated test suites and conducting hands-on testing of UI features used by millions of customers to solve real-world engineering problems. You will be part of an energetic team of engineers who are passionate about delivering high-quality software to our customers. You will engage early in the software development process, influencing requirements specifications, software design, and software testability.
- Participate in feature design and code reviews
- Design and implement reliable automated testing tools and tests for complex interactive features
- Performing hands-on testing including non-functional testing such as performance, memory, and security testing
- Develop, maintain, and monitor metrics that help evaluate feature quality
- Actively participate with an integrated development team to improve the design, find bugs, and discover feature enhancements for UI features
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB
- Relentless passion for solving problems
- Interest in learning new technologies and getting outside a comfort zone
- Strong communication skills, strong self-motivation, open to exploring new technologies
- Project management
Nice to have:
- Automated testing
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.