HR Business Partner
Join our growing HR team to address organizational needs and lead or participate in a variety of challenging projects. Use and broaden your HR experience while providing guidance and coaching to managers and staff to facilitate and educate on employee relations, performance management and organizational initiatives for a designated department within the product development business area. In addition, work with other HR Business Partners to provide support across all product development groups.
Build a strong business partner relationship with management and staff of a designated department within the product development area. Develop an understanding of their goals and challenges. Help to address systemic issues through facilitation, coaching, counseling and the use of leading edge HR technology. Working closely with other Business Partners in this area, provide broad support across the organization.
- Provide consultative guidance to department managers on organizational and staff needs.
- Manage and resolve workplace and employee relations matters
- Coach and counsel management and staff on the performance management process.
- Collaborate with other HR team members, lead projects and participate in HR-related programs and practices.
- Support the effective execution of activities such as the performance review and merit planning process.
- Ensure consistency, communication and collaboration in a matrixed and global environment.
- Use metrics to propose and develop solutions and best practices
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Ability to provide guidance and coaching to managers and staff on a variety of issues including employee relations and performance management
- A strong understanding of performance management approaches and employment law
- Experience facilitating meetings and working on projects with global HR staff across multiple HR disciplines
- An aptitude for analytics and problem solving including the ability to diagnose root causes
- Ability to work in a time sensitive and confidential environment
- Computer skills in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint, Skype for Business, and HRIS (Workday is a plus)
- High tech experience preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.