Senior Automotive Application Engineer
Resumen del empleo
As an Automotive Technical Account Manager (TAM) you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to strategic MathWorks customers. Utilizing your technical expertise and by gaining a deep understanding of the customer's workflows and business initiatives your goal is to be a change agent helping the customer realize the improved business impact of using MathWorks solutions.
Your industry knowledge and technical insights will enable you to establish trusting long term relationships with the customer and provide technical leadership. You will provide guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users
- Understand the customer's business critical projects and their unique workflows
- Champion MATLAB and Simulink usage aligned with customers projects and workflows
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood for future product direction
- Seek out new business opportunities and communicate them to the sales team
- Scope technical projects and coordinate resources to execute the project
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience working in the Automotive or similar industry
- Direct experience with MathWorks tools deployed in a production workflow
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and have affinity to business development
- Able to extract the technical challenges and their business impact
- Capable of working with others to arrive at a consensus and compromise
- Previously influenced internal development processes and decisions
- Able to adjust communication style for executives and end users
- Experience designing ADAS or AV systems is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.