Senior Program Manager
As a Senior Software Program Manager supporting the Simulink family of products, you will partner with product development teams working on innovative and complex model-based design technologies. You will join a growing Program Management team and help us live the MathWorks core values of continuous improvement and the pursuit of excellence, respect and invest, rational workplace, learning and self-improvement and credibility and integrity.
The Senior Software Program Manager is a member of the software development management team and supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs. Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with extended software development teams to help them plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on building the right things at the highest levels of quality.
- Performing program analysis, managing risk, identifying and influencing necessary course corrections, creatively solving problems, and communicating program status and activities across all levels of management.
- Continuously assessing and improving the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentoring/coaching other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with delivering commercial software products and the software development lifecycle
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, persistent, and tenacious
- Adaptable and able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Expertise in process improvement and change management
- Skilled at problem-solving
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data to drive improvements in product quality and software development processes
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink Products
- Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science is preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.