Software Engineer - ROM
Resumen del empleo
- Empleo: 26835-BWAL
- Ubicación: US-MA-Natick
- Departamento: Product Development
Are you interested in building tools for reduced order modeling applications? Are you interested in integrating tools for design and analysis of control systems using MATLAB and Simulink?
We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate controls engineer to work with Controls Application and Charting Team who build innovative software tools to design & analyze controllers and plant models. We develop tools that use both model-based design and data-driven techniques to help customers solve their controls problems. You will be leveraging your software development skills to design and ship applications that help in simulating, integrating, and generating code for reduced order models in Simulink
Our team is committed to building robust software tools used in modeling, simulating, analyzing multi-physical systems. You will be responsible for developing tools that help in model order reduction of complex physical systems. You will play a key role in a cross-functional team to help optimize and improve workflows for Reduced Order Modeling in Simulink.
You will be responsible for
- Develop a graphical interface to help customers in model order reduction of large physical systems using both model-based and data-driven techniques.
- Contribute to the development of new tools that help in design and analysis of physical systems, their controllers and integration with hardware.
- Leveraging your software architecture skills to improve the Controls-Simulink product infrastructure.
- Collaborating with other Simulink teams and develop algorithms to improve modeling, simulation, testing, and code generation for component-based workflows.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms is a must
- Experience with object-oriented design is a must
- Experience in linear algebra & numerical computation is a plus
- Experience with UML and Design Patterns is a plus
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, or other block diagram modeling, simulation and code generation tools is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.