Security Compliance Engineer
Resumen del empleo
- Empleo: 27123-RKUL
- Ubicación: US-MA-Natick
- Departamento: Software Process Engineering
Do you enjoy contributing to software quality assurance and security compliance efforts? Do you want to work with teams to improve software development processes?
If yes, we want to talk with you! You will contribute to our internal quality assurance program and help cross-functional development teams to improve their processes and products, while preparing them for external audits for security compliance.
- Contribute to the growing quality assurance program at MathWorks, including performing security compliance audits, identifying problems and areas for process improvement
- Work closely with internal business units and relevant departments to increase security awareness, assess compliance and where necessary, provide support in remediating non-compliant areas
- Develop a deep understanding of security controls, underlying business processes, concepts, practices, and tools used at MathWorks, to promote adoption of applicable security standards
- Advise management on specific security requirements, implementations and the impact on business processes, applications and systems as needed
- Generate periodic reports to teams and senior stakeholders and make practical recommendations to improve security practices
- Research and extract insights from industry standards and trends, apply them to the scope of internal controls at MathWorks and improve security practices and compliance in the company
- Facilitate organizational adoption of new security controls, standards and best practices through thoughtful change management strategies
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with software development processes
- Experience with performing internal process audits and process improvement work
- Experience with / understanding of SOC 2, COBIT, ITIL, ISO, IT General Controls (ITGC), NIST and/or other industry standard control frameworks to document and assess Cybersecurity & IT processes is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and group facilitation
- Strong teamwork skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.