Engineering Technical Writer - Simulink Code Integration
Resumen del empleo
Do you have a flair for writing and a talent for explaining complex concepts to technical audiences?
Would you like to teach others how to use Simulink software to solve challenging engineering problems in diverse industries such as aerospace, automotive, and communications?
Simulink is powerful software that enables engineers to graphically model and simulate complex systems on their computers. Engineers around the world use Simulink to get their ideas off the ground, including developing safety-critical control systems and reducing fuel emissions.
You might be:
- An experienced technical writer with a strong engineering or computer science background
- An experienced electrical, systems, or software engineer considering a career change
- A recent graduate in engineering or computer science with a keen interest in technical communication
Come join a team that writes sophisticated online help content that teaches engineers and students to use our software to solve their challenging engineering problems.
At MathWorks, we take pride in our documentation and it is a fully-integrated part of our software. As an important member of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Write user-focused content that explains how to use tools to design, model, and simulate engineering systems
- Develop examples and tutorials that show how to use software features that span multiple products
- Work with customers and customer facing groups to identify use cases, workflows, user tasks, and information needs
- Participate in the software development process, review software requirements and functional designs, provide comments and suggest improvements
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering, science, mathematics, or other technical area
- Ability to learn and explain practical engineering and programming concepts and procedures
- Technical writing ability to develop and document creative examples of functionality to help users meet real-world design goals
- Experience using MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Knowledge of a programming language such as Python or C/C++
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.