Senior Development Process Improvement Engineer
Resumen del empleo
- Empleo: 27452-RKUL
- Ubicación: US-MA-Natick
- Departamento: Software Process Engineering
Do you want to expand on and use your leadership and communication skills while working on technical projects in software development?
You will work with an internal community of software engineers to improve our software development practices. Sample topics include but aren’t limited to:
- Software/ Web application development workflows,
- Build and deployment systems (Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Git), and
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) tooling & workflows (GitHub Actions)
You’ll evangelize new tools and best practices, establish standards and best practices, and create and deliver learning resources.
- Develop a deep understanding of software development practices and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry.
- Work with senior leaders to identify issues that impact organizational goals related to software development. Develop clear and well-scoped problem statements, initiate and drive related projects to completion.
- Create new processes, resources, and standards to support teams transitioning to containerized deployment models. Pilot new content and help develop new standards.
- Facilitate organizational adoption of tools and standards through thoughtful change management strategies. Rollout tool updates and new best practices and find ways to help staff members successfully adopt them.
- Report out to senior staff on progress against business drivers.
- Analyzing and designing solutions to reduce technical debt in the codebase
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Strong communication skills including writing, presentation, and group facilitation.
- Experience in source code management (SCM) e.g., GitLab, GitHub, BitBucket, Perforce.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and roles.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.