Desktop Support Technician
Resumen del empleo
- Empleo: 28069-LLAN
- Ubicación: US-MA-Natick
- Departamento: Information Technology
MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work model of home-office and in-office days.
Join a dynamic IT Support team and apply your skills to support the daily computing needs of MathWorks staff. You will engage with end-users via phone, chat, e-mail, and Intranet and perform problem determination remotely as well as at users’ on-campus workstations.
Expand your IT knowledge by participating in projects and working with different areas of the organization to prepare for your next career step at MathWorks.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot computer systems and applications including desktops, laptops, network equipment, operating systems, desktop software and enterprise applications
- Support online, on-premise, and off-site meetings and events
- Set up and manage common-area systems such as conference room AV equipment, recording and broadcast systems, digital signage
- Resolve help tickets accurately and in a timely manner. Adhere to SLAs and group practices.
- Collaborate with team members and with other IT groups to resolve complex issues
- Perform project work as assigned, e.g., document solutions, develop guidelines, investigate persistent problems, automate routine tasks
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
- 2-3 years of IT support, including experience with networked PC equipment
- Proficiency with Operating Systems and desktop software including the Microsoft ecosystem
- Knowledge of networking principles, topology, and protocols
- Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction
- UNIX, Linux, Mac, SharePoint, Webex, AV knowledge a plus.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.