Senior Web Content Writer / Editor
Modelo de empleo híbrido
MathWorks ofrece un modelo de empleo híbrido que permite al personal dividir su tiempo entre la oficina y sus hogares. El modelo híbrido permite a los empleados beneficiarse de interacciones cara a cara con sus compañeros, así como de una mayor flexibilidad en casa. Más información.
Resumen del empleo
We are seeking an experienced writer/editor to join the MathWorks eMarketing and Creative Services team. In this role, you will write and edit content for engineers and scientists. Content may include technical articles, user stories, white papers, and ebooks.
- Write or edit technical content that builds awareness of MATLAB and Simulink based solutions, prioritizing based on usage and engagement data
- Lead content strategy discussions with campaign teams, program managers, and SMEs
- Manage freelance editors – hiring, coaching, reviewing content, and ensuring quality
- Help develop and implement editorial styles and standards
- Collaborate with content owners to ensure compliance with editorial standards and SEO best practices
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, science, engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience as a marketing writer/editor in a high-tech or scientific environment, preferably working on materials for engineers in academia or in the automotive, aerospace, communications, biotechnology, or electronics industry
- Experience editing technical marketing materials for clarity, organization, grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and technical accuracy; and documenting and discussing changes with content owners and designers
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively while incorporating SEO best practices
- Ability to lead project teams that include internal business partners, visual designers, and web producers
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, set priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Extraordinary attention to process and detail
- Thorough familiarity with common editorial style guides
- Experience using web analytics and benchmarking to identify new content opportunities
- Basic HTML skills
- Experience working on an agile team
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.