Senior Database Engineer
Resumen del empleo
- Empleo: 28445-JKAZ
- Ubicación: US-MA-Natick
- Departamento: Infrastructure and Architecture
Come join us and help accelerate our transformation from database operations to database reliability engineering!
Our team is continually focused on designing, building, monitoring and maintaining our customer facing and internal database infrastructure. In this role, you will work directly with developers and site reliability engineers to ensure reliability, scalability and performance of our Online Product databases. This position will give you the opportunity to work with exciting technologies such as containerization and in public cloud environments such as AWS and Azure. This position will require a strong focus on eliminating toil via automation.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have an engineering mindset and like to identify and design solutions to architectural problems before they become actual problems
- Like to be continually challenged with researching and implementing new technologies and processes and take them from idea to implementation
- Challenge yourself and others towards continuous improvement
- Have a strong customer-focused mindset
- Partner with product development and systems teams to design and build fast, reliable database infrastructure.
- Code, configure, integrate and manage tools to enhance the database infrastructure.
- Propose and implement automation to eliminate manual operations.
- Participate in database and infrastructure deployment activities for applications hosted on-premise and in AWS
Support development, test and production environments, and participate in rotating on-call support to ensure high availability of our mission critical web applications
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- SQL Language Expert!
- SQL Server preferred, MariaDB or MySQL to be considered
- Scripting proficiency (e.g PowerShell, Python, bash)
- Public Cloud experience
- Experience with source code management (e.g. Git, Perforce, or Subversion)
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
Nice to Have
- Exposure to Hibernate, Liquibase or Maven
- MongoDB (or Amazon DocumentDB or Azure Cosmos)
- Continuous integration servers: Jenkins or TeamCity
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef or Puppet
MathWorks is now a proud member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.