Cloud-native Infrastructure Engineer
Resumen del empleo
The Cloud Native Infrastructure Engineer will be a part of the Cloud Platform Engineering team. The Cloud Platform Engineering team is responsible for architecture and design and automated provisioning of our cloud platform. We interface with engineering teams and internal customers to define and deliver robust, scalable, and agile architectures in support of the rapidly growing product capabilities to support development, testing, deployment, and monitoring of containerized applications hosted on the cloud platform
- Delivering end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a cloud environment
- Design, engineer and implement next generation cloud native solutions into AWS public cloud
- Design and implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) for technology platforms and hosted applications
- Assist application teams with microservice and event driven architecture solutioning along with design specifications and implementation of industry best practices and standards as applications move to the cloud
- Assist with application product releases to production environments
- Develop and implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) provisioning solutions
- Assist with design and implementation of virtual networking (DNS, routing, firewall) based solutions for cloud native applications and platform components
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and engineering teams
- Provide expertise and serve as a Subject Matter Expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in cloud platform
- Perform technology investigations to develop and maintain the knowledge base of current leading edge and developing technologies with the goal of using the knowledge to identify emerging business opportunities and in support of existing business programs
- Be the liaison with project teams on cloud technologies and solutions
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Understand the best practices and patterns in software development
- Experience with programming languages like NodeJS, GoLang etc.
- Experience with CI/CD (knowledge of the principles and ability to set up a pipeline from scratch)
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning (such as Terraform etc.)
- Hands-on experience with either a public (AWS, Azure, GCE etc.) or private cloud provider
- Understand distributed systems, including containerized microservices and highly scalable web applications
- Have knowledge of containers, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Experience with GitHub and GitHub Actions
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.