Principal Business Systems Analyst, Data Security
Resumen del empleo
- Empleo: 28733-DCOL
- Ubicación: US-MA-Natick
- Departamento: Business Applications and Tools
Working under the direction of the Manager or Senior Team Lead, will be responsible for planning and implementing security measures to support MathWorks’ sophisticated technology and complex data; supporting complex data and system analysis and process and solution design to advance the business; developing MathWorks’ data security program, working across the enterprise to understand the data security requirements, assessing existing system architectures, and assisting in the development of data architecture and process solutions; collaborating with stakeholders across different business units to understand the current state of business processes, analyze the data security gaps, and define target security policies, processes and procedures for data; and researching industry standards and best practices for data governance and data security, and playing a critical role in facilitating the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the company.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field (or foreign education equivalent) and four (4) years of experience in job offered or four (4) years of experience in data architecture, data governance, and data modeling.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field (or foreign education equivalent) and six (6) years of experience in job offered or six (6) years of experience in data architecture, data governance, and data modeling.
- Demonstrated expertise building data infrastructure and end-to-end ETL pipelines using ETL platforms -- Informatica and DataStage, Information Builders iWay or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS); and designing data visualizations -- reports, dashboards, and maps -- to convert raw data into consumable formats to inform data trends and analytics using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Demonstrated expertise building conceptual data models for RDBMS and Data Lake, including creating entity relationship diagrams, logical data models and physical data models using Dbeaver, Visio, DeZign, or Erwin Data Modeler.
- Demonstrated expertise in data warehouse and data lake design, implementation and data governance including using canonical data formats and industry standard naming conventions to create data models and create data dictionaries with definitions to the data attributes; extracting, manipulating, aggregating and analyzing data using SQL query scripts within a Oracle data warehouse/data marts environment or within an S3 based data lake; and tuning Presto DML SQL query scripts for optimal performance.
- Demonstrated expertise in the full software development life cycle (SDLC) for ETL, data warehouse, data lake and data security-related capabilities, including requirements specification, functional and architectural design, design review, and testing according to Agile methodologies.
[Expertise may be gained during Graduate program.]
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.