Desktop Support Summer Intern
Resumen del empleo
- Empleo: 30117-KCAR
- Ubicación: US-MA-Natick
- Departamento: Information Technology
Hiring for Summer 2023!
Perform all aspects of support related to the day to day computing needs of MathWorks employees. Provide support via phone, e-mail and Intranet as well as perform problem determination at the users’ workstations throughout MathWorks' Natick offices.
• Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner. Accurately record such requests into the help system
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, peripherals, network equipment
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software and custom applications
• Provide first level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff
- Candidates must be pursuing a bachelor's level degree.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
• Successful completion of at least one year towards a University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information System Technology
• Working knowledge of desktop Operating Systems and desktop software including Microsoft Office products
• Familiarity with Desktop and Laptop hardware components
• Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction
• Ability to maintain calm demeanor under customer deadline pressures
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong initiative, self-motivation, and ability to complete tasks on time
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of network protocols and topology a plus
• Unix/Linux/Mac knowledge a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.