Sr. Application Engineer - Signal Processing & Radar Systems
Resumen del empleo
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to grow your career, learn new technologies, and help MathWorks customers develop new products? This is a role for an inquisitive engineer with experience in the signal processing, radar or communication fields. As a Technical Account Manager (TAM) at MathWorks you will you play a key role in managing the technical relationship with key Aerospace customers.
In this role, you will engage with our key customers in their design and development processes and help provide them with solutions. You will work with a world-class team of application engineers and software developers to provide technical leadership with our customers.
You will leverage your industry and technical expertise in aerospace systems, signal processing, radar systems, communications systems or embedded system development to understand customer workflows, challenges, and key business initiatives.
With that knowledge, you will paint a vision of how MathWorks products can accelerate the pace of their development and innovation. You will also establish yourself as a trusted advisor to strategic MathWorks customers and provide technical leadership by providing guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
This position is based in our office in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Travel will be 30-40% within North America
Even if you do not check every box in our qualifications but have worked with signal processing, radar or comms technology and think you have what it takes, please apply. We would love to have a chat to see if you could be a great fit.
- Engage with customers to understand their projects, programs, and workflows
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood
- Support the development of the account engagement plan in collaboration with the broader selling team
- Build and maintain long term relationships with key technical individuals at the account
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Create and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other technical specialists to address customer needs in specialized application areas
- Identify new application areas and work with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations for future product direction
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Aerospace, radar, communication system, or related industry experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, or Stateflow) or other simulation software
- Other valuable experiences may include some of the following:
- Customer-facing experience
- Antenna design, RF front-end or back-end development
- Signal Processing and data analysis
- Model-Based Engineering
- Experience with ICs e.g., ASIC, RFSoC, FPGA, MMIC
- Languages e.g., HDL, C/C++, Assembler
- Aerospace industry and certification processes
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.