DevOps Security Engineer
Resumen del empleo
We are looking for a passionate DevSecOps engineer to help build and manage a secure web platform that runs our mission critical applications. In this role, you will work with web and product development teams to help build, test, deploy, secure, and manage their applications.
To be successful, you should have moderate to expert knowledge in:
DevSecOps and Site Reliability Engineering methodologies
Developing secure public cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding the process from development to operations
Experience with Kubernetes, Public Clouds (AWS Preferred), and containerization technologes like Docker
Most importantly, you should be a creative thinker and leader and be willing to work closely with developers and operations to enable both groups to create and deploy high quality secure applications faster
- Create secure infrastructure and architecture designs and implementation plans and guide the implementation with the operations team
- Collaborate with product development teams to proactively prevent impact from bad actors including bots and crawlers
- Automation via scripting (BASH, python) and Infrastructure as code (IAC) including CloudFormation, Ansible and Terraform
- Learning on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision
- Rotating on-call support of production infrastructure and applications and business hours support for development systems.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Hands-on experience with public clouds such as AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure,
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation, Ansible and Terraform
Experience with containers and container management platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes/EKS
Experience with security disciplines related to the automation of security controls, threat modeling, and risk assessments
Strong LINUX and application framework (SpringBoot, Rails) knowledge
Experience with application load balancers such as F5, AWS ALB, Nginx
Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, ArgoCD, TeamCity, GitHub Actions, XebiaLabs Release
Experience with programming languages such as Java, Ruby or Go is a big plus
Experience with infrastructure and application performance monitoring and analysis tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and Dynatrace
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.