Aerospace Application Engineer
Resumen del empleo
Join our customer facing team that combines passion for maths, engineering, software and MATLAB.
Leverage your technical and interpersonal skills to advise and help our leading UK aerospace customers to improve their products and development processes. Work with and extend the latest tools and techniques to support the industry trends around systems, large-scale simulation and analysis.
Collaborate with colleagues from development, sales and marketing to engage with MATLAB and Simulink users across industries and shape our products for the future.
- Understanding the key business and technical challenges at the top UK aerospace accounts, and developing actionable plans to support them.
- Solving challenging analysis and modelling problems for a breadth of applications
- Designing and developing solutions to fit within customers’ IT environments
- Supporting adoption of MATLAB and Simulink by analysing customers’ requirements, guiding product evaluations and creating proof of concepts
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Expertise developing algorithms in areas such as signal processing, image processing, machine learning, deep learning and/or control
- Interest in software architecture, web technologies, and enterprise integration patterns
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Most travel will be 1-2 day trips within the UK with some multi-day trips within Europe. Occasional travel to MathWorks headquarters in the US is also possible.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.