ZigBee is a low-rate wireless personal area network (LRWPAN) standard that is used in a wide range of applications such as sensor networks, home automation, industrial automation, health monitoring and the Internet of Things (IoT). ZigBee uses the IEEE® 802.15.4 PHY and MAC specification. Other LRWPAN standards such as 6LoWPAN, WirelessHART and MiWi also use the IEEE 802.15.4 PHY and MAC.
The Communications System Toolbox™ Library for the ZigBee Protocol provides end-to-end simulation of the entire communications stack (PHY, MAC, NET, APP). With this library, you can simulate the following:
• PHY layer examples:
* Waveform generation and decoding for the original IEEE 802.15.4 specification and IEEE 802.15.4b/c/d
* Practical signal recovery for IEEE 802.15.4 OQPSK signals at 2.4 GHz
• MAC layer examples:
* Generate and decode IEEE 802.15.4 MAC frames
* Simulate the asynchronous CSMA IEEE 802.15.4 MAC
• NET layer examples:
* Generate and decode data frames of the ZigBee NET layer
• APP layer examples:
* Generate and decode frames of the Application Support Sublayer
* Generate and decode the header of ZigBee Cluster Library (ZCL) frames
* Fully encode and decode two ZCL clusters:
• Intruder Alarm System Zone cluster (such as those used by motion sensors)
• On/Off cluster (such as those used by light bulbs)
Opening the mlpkginstall file from your operating system or from within MATLAB will initiate the installation process for this Add-On and acquire the latest version for the release you have.
This mlpkginstall file is functional for R2017a and beyond.