The app shows the Equal Area Criterion (EAC) of a single-machine infinite-bus (SMIB) system for different cases.
- Case 1: step in the mechanical power Pm
- Case 2: opening of one line of the double circuit
- Case 3: single-phase shortcircuit at machine's terminal
- Case 4: single-phase shortcircuit in the middle of one line
- Case 5: three-phase shortcirtcuit in the middle of one line
- Case 6: generic pre, during and post fault conditions.
For all the cases, it is possible to adjust the mechanical power Pm by the corresponding control. In the case of three-phase shortcircuit, it is also possible to adjust the duration of the fault, given in seconds, assuming a self-clearing fault or opening the line. A green/red flag indicates whether the energy gained during the acceleration phase (red area) is completely consumed as energy loss during deceleration (green area) or not.
The app is developed within a power systems course and it is intended for educational use.
Rossano Musca (2021). Equal Area Criterion EAC of SMIB system (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/73701-equal-area-criterion-eac-of-smib-system), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!