Resource Allocation Modeling
Resources are commodities shared by the entities in your model. Entities in an event-based system can acquire and release resources. You determine what resources represent in your model. Resources can represent supplies, machines, or any supplementary material that entities acquire to complete a task.
Composite and Batched Entities
- Group Entities Using Batching
This example shows how to create, process, and split batched entities using Entity Batch Creator and Entity Batch Splitter blocks.
- Model Using Resources
Use resource blocks to share commodities in your model.
- Set Resource Amount with Attributes
Use the Selected Resources table of the Resource Acquirer block to receive the resource amount definition from the block dialog box or an entity attribute.
- Optimize SimEvents Models by Running Multiple Simulations
Simulink.SimulationInputobject to create simulation sets to test the results and to perform model optimization.
- Model Resource Allocation Using Composite Entity Creator Block
Combine entities from different paths.
- Find and Extract Entities in SimEvents Models
Common workflows involving Entity Find block to find and extract entities.
- Resource Scheduling Using MATLAB Discrete-Event System and Data Store Memory Blocks
This example shows how to model resource scheduling using data exchange between the MATLAB Discrete-Event System block and the Data Store Memory block.