Highlights
Seguir

La encuesta está CERRADA

Encuesta

Which does NOT return sorted output for a vector of unique values (e.g., v = [3,7,2,5,1])?

sort(v)
8%
unique(v)
16%
union(v, [ ])
17%
intersect(v, v)
14%
setdiff(v, [ ])
12%
All return sorted output
33%
1193 votos

ganesh
ganesh el 1 de Abr. de 2024
can you give solution oft these problrm
Rik
Rik el 2 de Abr. de 2024

You can try all options yourself and/or read the documentation for each to find the correct answer.

the cyclist
the cyclist el 27 de Mzo. de 2024 (Editada a las el 27 de Mzo. de 2024)
@goc3 is definitely a unique sort of person.
Rik
Rik el 19 de Mzo. de 2024 (Editada a las el 19 de Mzo. de 2024)
I don't know about the other functions, but unique used to return the original order (which is probably why the 'stable' switch exists).
I also find it interesting to see the orientation that each of these functions return.
Christian Schröder
Christian Schröder el 20 de Mzo. de 2024
Once you know that unique returns sorted output, you can deduce that the last answer should be correct: it would not make sense for only one of the set functions to not return sorted output.
Rik
Rik el 21 de Mzo. de 2024
Does it? Because I would also expect the orientation of the resulting vectors to be the same for all set functions, and yet they are not. Can you predict without testing (or reading the documentation) which is the odd one out?
Dyuman Joshi
Dyuman Joshi el 22 de Mzo. de 2024 (Editada a las el 2 de Abr. de 2024)
I find it weird that the legacy syntaxes of these (setdiff, intersect and union) mathematical functions are not the same.
Quite inconsistent.
Christian Schröder
Christian Schröder el 21 de Mzo. de 2024
Good point, that (orientation of the resulting vectors) is an inconsistency I can't explain. Then again, I only said "should be correct", not "is correct". ;)

Etiquetas

Aún no se han introducido etiquetas.