Parrot connectivity issue in MAC OS Monterey(Version 12) and Ventura(Version 13)
To connect Parrot mini-drones in MAC OS, users need to use the older MAC OS versions (11 or earlier) having Bluetooth PAN feature. Updating to MAC OS Monterey or Ventura will fail the Parrot hardware connection to the MAC system and users will be unable to establish communication with the Parrot mini-drone to deploy the firmware or model to the hardware.
Simulink® Support Package for Parrot® Minidrones enables you to build and deploy flight control algorithms on Parrot minidrones. Supported minidrone models are Rolling Spider and Mambo.
- Enables you to setup the Parrot Minidrones to work with Simulink using the Hardware Setup Screens.
- The support package includes a Controller Project template which you can use as a starting point to build your controller or tweak it to your requirement. It hosts a robust plant model simulation of the Parrot Rolling Spider and Parrot Mambo drones. This enables simulating the results before deploying the model to the hardware. It lets you model 6-DOF equations of motion and simulate aircraft behavior under various flight and environmental conditions.
- Wirelessly deploy Simulink models to the Parrot Minidrones over Bluetooth®.
- Using the Monitor and Tune feature, deploy Simulink models to the minidrone and visualize various data signals in real-time using Simulink Dashboard blocks while the drone is flying. You can also tune various parameters like controller gains, constants etc., on the fly and check the performance.
- Access the images captured from the downward-facing camera of the drone in Simulink models and run basic image processing algorithms on the drone.
- Simulink models can also access other onboard sensors—such as the ultrasonic, accelerometer, gyroscope, and air pressure sensors.
- Keyboard Read block enables you to model and control the drone's flight using the Host PC's keyboard.
- Access the models and MATLAB projects in Parrot support package in Simulink Online. You can open, modify and simulate the models in Simulink Online without the need to install MATLAB or the Support Package. Click MATLAB Online to start a MATLAB Online session. Deployment of models to Parrot Minidrones from Simulink Online is not supported in MATLAB R2021b.
- Main Page
- Setup and Configuration
- Getting started with Simulink Online for Parrot
- Release Notes
- Troubleshooting Bluetooth connectivity issues in Windows
- Troubleshooting other issues (Scroll down for troubleshooting)
All the examples can be found in the Examples section of the documentation. Here are some important examples:
- Fly a Parrot Minidrone using Hover Parrot Minidrone Simulink Template
- Detect objects on the ground using the downward-facing camera of the Parrot Minidrone
- Follow a set of waypoints or follow an orbit using Parrot Minidrone
- Path planning using Keyboard Control for Parrot Minidrone
- Video series to help you get started with the MathWorks Minidrone competition.
- Drone simulation and control - Understanding the basics of drone control systems and modeling in Simulink.
If you have installation or setup problems, please contact - Technical Support
Compatibilidad con la versión de MATLAB
Se creó con R2017a
Compatible con cualquier versión desde R2017a hasta R2023b
Compatibilidad con las plataformasWindows macOS (Apple silicon) macOS (Intel) Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!