Complex Dynamic Gain Factor or Mechanical Resonance is tendency of a system to respond at greater amplitude while its oscillations frequency gets close to the systems' natural circular frequency with respect to vibration.
The function determines the followings:
- Natural Circular Frequency
- Critical Damping Coefficient
- Relative Critical Viscous Damping
- Frequency Ratio
- Complex Dynamic Gain Factor
How to use this function:
- Step 1: Derive the equation of motion for the system in order to get total mass, damping and stiffness.
- Step 2: In order to catch the peak of the complex dynamic gain factor use small frequency steps ex. 0.001
- Step 3: Call the function as it is recommended plugging in the values for m, c, k and omega.
Benjamin Bondsman (2020). Complex Dynamic Gain Factor/ Mechanical Resonance (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/73750-complex-dynamic-gain-factor-mechanical-resonance), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .