By interfacing user-friendly aircraft modeling with rapid aerodynamic analysis, this program visually depicts how various design parameters affect the way an airplane flies. A video demonstrating some of the code's capabilities can be found on the MathWorks website at https://www.mathworks.com/videos/matlab-and-simulink-robotics-arena-building-interactive-design-tools-1509569729395.html.
In addition to built-in, linearized stability approximations that are updated every time the aircraft model is adjusted, the program interfaces with the following software for more advanced analysis:
• Digital DATCOM – U.S. Air Force
• Tornado Vortex Lattice Method – Tomas Melin (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
• AVL (Athena Vortex Lattice Method) – Mark Drela and Harold Youngren (MIT)
This program also gains added functionality from the following open source software:
• DATCOM Plot Interpolation Functions – Prof. Glenn Greiner and Lenny Gartenberg (ERAU, Daytona Beach, FL)
• AVL Input/Output Functions – Joseph Moster (Mathworks File Exchange)
• Datcomimport – MathWorks Aerospace Toolbox – loads DATCOM "for006.dat" file
• NACA456 – Ralph Carmichael (PDAS) – calculates NACA 6-series airfoil ordinates
Please refer to the documentation for information regarding how to use the program (Help > User's Manual)
Zak Lietzau (2022). Aircraft Intuitive Design (AID) (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/66770-aircraft-intuitive-design-aid), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Recuperado .
Compatibilidad con la versión de MATLAB
Compatibilidad con las plataformasWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!