Senior Software Program Manager for Simulink
Join MathWorks as a Software Program Manager for teams working in the core of our flagship Simulink product! In this role you will partner with development leadership to help plan, track, and execute complex projects that deliver powerful and innovative features to industry leading companies across the world. Be responsible for developing insightful and diligent analyses of program-related metrics for tracking and reporting status to the wider organization. Utilize curiosity, creativity, and program management experience to help identify and mitigate potential problems that others might not immediately recognize. Join the program management team and collaborate with multiple functional groups within MathWorks.
Join us in accelerating the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. At MathWorks, we cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
- Collaborate with software development teams to plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on building the right things at the highest levels of quality.
- Perform program analysis, handle risk, identify and influence vital course corrections, creatively seek solutions, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Assess and improve the processes that comprise the agile software development lifecycle, and mentor/coach others on those processes.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Expertise in agile, cross-organizational software development programs in a commercial software environment
- Ability to influence others to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development
- Experience using work management and collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- Software, mechanical or electrical engineering education and/or background
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, or comparable products desirable
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.