Senior Financial Analyst - Sales
In this position, you will be a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, responsible for deliverables associated with the annual sales planning, quarterly forecasting, and ongoing analysis. This is a hands-on role with an emphasis on performing analysis that provides management with insights needed to make financial, operational, and strategic decisions. The candidate will have the opportunity to present findings to senior and executive management as well as to obtain visibility into the entire organization.
- Key contributor to the annual planning process especially on the sales quota, bookings, and revenue portion of the financial model.
- Participate in periodic forecasting and analyzing actual results from different perspectives to help accurately forecast results.
- Analysis of sales productivity, margins and operating expense trends, identifying areas of opportunity to improve results.
- Assist in streamlining the planning process to increase efficiency and reduce redundancy.
- Develop meaningful analyses that includes financial and non-financial metrics such as customer, product and licensing trends.
- Creatively analyze metrics and big data sets to help management understand the company’s business health.
- Proactively participate in key analysis and continuous improvement efforts across all areas of the business.
- Partner with teams to help them understand and drive efficiency within their business.
- Assist in regular ad-hoc analysis and finance project work.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Professional work experience in financial analysis in high-tech industry is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with good business judgment and the ability to present analyses, ideas, and business recommendations clearly and effectively in a compelling manner.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Experience operating in a team environment is required.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills including pivot tables and PowerPivot, required. Experience with SAP Business Objects, PowerBI, and SQL preferred. Experience with MathWork’s MATLAB product is a plus but a willingness to learn MATLAB is required.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.