Senior User Experience (UX) Designer - MATLAB
Modelo de empleo híbrido
MathWorks ofrece un modelo de empleo híbrido que permite al personal dividir su tiempo entre la oficina y sus hogares. El modelo híbrido permite a los empleados beneficiarse de interacciones cara a cara con sus compañeros, así como de una mayor flexibilidad en casa. Más información.
Resumen del empleo
Would you like to join a User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems in a variety of technical areas including math, statistics, and data science? Join our cross-functional team and steer projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into implementation until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We’re dedicated to crafting clear and effective designs for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if you:
Our user experience team has over 100 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing and design. As strategic business partners, we work closely with our product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle to develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
As a UX Designer, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MathWorks products and applications. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree (e.g., Information Design, Data Modeling, Computer Graphics, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, CAD Design, Architecture, Statistics, Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or other relevant degree)
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/Web design
- Proficiency with relevant design tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch)
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to UI representations
- Experience communicating sophisticated interaction design ideas with clarity and persuasion
- Desktop and Web application design experience
- Responsive and accessible design experience is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.