Senior Software Engineer (Graphics and Data Visualization)
Do you love MATLAB and want to be directly involved in developing its graphics applications now and in the future? If you answered yes, this position could be an excellent opportunity for you! MATLAB's Data Visualization capabilities provide a wide range of tools and functionality to derive insight from data. These tools range from simple line plots and bar charts to sophisticated scientific plots. Join our team and help build quality visualization tools for customers to analyze their data.
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our Graphics and Data Visualization team. As a member of the development team, you will work on a variety of projects from early design stages to deployment in the next MATLAB release!
Specifically, you will:
- Leverage your understanding of service oriented architecture and user experience principles to help design and implement an efficient, flexible graphics system for the web.
- Follow standard software development lifecycle practices as you implement features, from specification writing to test development, while working and sharing knowledge with teammates and cross-functional collaborators (QE, UX, Marketing, etc.).
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming in C++
- Experience with OpenGL, scene graphs, WebGL, shaders, or similar rendering technologies
- Experience with data visualization tools from a user perspective, including familiarity with the current ecosystem of web graphics technologies.
- Experience using MATLAB or other scripting languages
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.