Senior Network Engineer
This position within the Infrastructure and Data Center Operations team is responsible for taking on a leadership role supporting and enhancing our global data network, network security infrastructure, and the projects that support the technological growth of the MathWorks network. Join the team who helped MathWorks receive the Juniper’s 2020 Data Center of the Future Elevate Award.
The ideal candidate will be curious, eager to learn, and be able to handle various tasks in a fast-paced global team environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting, administration and architecture within our large enterprise network.
- Enhancing our current network automation using tools including Python and Ansible
- Maintaining our corporate and public cloud security
- Maintain and enhance current network monitoring products and tools
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience in a medium to large enterprise environment
- Switching and dynamic routing experience (BGP & OSPF)
- Security/firewall experience
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Juniper network equipment
- Scripting skills using tools like Ansible, Python, Shell and PowerShell
- The desire to automate routine or complex tasks
- Enterprise monitoring experience
- Public cloud network management
- Wireless networking skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.