Global Public Relations / Communications Leader
Develops and implements innovative public relations programs to enhance reputation and increase brand awareness, perception, and preference. Counsels senior executives and subject matter experts, hires and manages direct reports, and leads cross-functional and matrixed teams to achieve measurable and impactful results. Program elements include influencer relations, social media, brand journalism/content marketing, and spokesperson training and development.
- Leads communications team responsible for developing and executing key influencer programs, including analyst relations, media relations, social media and community engagement.
- Oversees strategic storytelling efforts and the development of compelling editorial content that positively positions MathWorks and its products, and supports strategic marketing priorities.
- Works closely with senior marketing management to craft PR strategy, manage our real-time response to external inquiries, and provide counsel to subject matter experts engaging with third-party influencers.
- Seeks continuous improvement of internal processes; establishes global PR KPIs and metrics, and regularly measures progress and results.
- Works cross-functionally and across geographies to ensure alignment of PR planning and execution on a worldwide basis.
- Manages external PR partners and vendors.
- Develops annual plans and budget.
- Shares and leverage best practices in PR; stay current on new media trends.
- Serves as an official spokesperson for MathWorks.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- A bachelor's degree and 10+ years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is preferred. At least 5 years management experience is preferred.
- Data- and digital- driven; proven experience in scaling and continuously improving operations; process-oriented
- Documented accomplishment in building global public relations programs within a highly matrixed environment
- Strong track record in developing and executing enterprise social media strategies and other influencer relations programs
- A consummate communicator: exceptional writing and presentation skills, with the ability to develop and counsel others
- Ability to affect change through influence more than authority; excellent collaborator and negotiator
- B2B software and/or engineering industry experience preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.