Senior Web UI Developer
Are you interested in groundbreaking web applications? MathWorks is seeking a Web Application Developer to join our team! As a member of this dynamic team, we will help you use your experience with web technologies and programming languages to build web applications for mathworks.com.
This role challenges you to stretch your design, business, and project management skills. You will collaborate with Designers, Quality Engineers, User Experience, Project Managers and application owners to create high quality web applications. You will be balancing multiple development projects and working with multi-functional teams through all phases of development. You will perform the analysis, design and development for the web applications while working with a technically diverse, robust and collaborative team.
- Develop and improve our MathWorks Commerce applications
- Analyze business model changes to determine system implications
- Work with cross functional team to create requirements
- Create technical specifications and designs
- Collaborate with User Experience and Designers to develop workflows and page designs
- Work with the quality team to ensure test cases and plans are appropriately developed and adhered to
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience developing in Ruby or MVC web applications
- Experience with SQL and database concepts
- Knowledge of Software Development Methodologies
- Experience with gathering requirements and developing functional specs
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Experience with writing unit testing
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Experience with Git is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.