The CRM Sales & Marketing team is seeking a Salesforce Developer, you will be part of a team at MathWorks responsible for delivering a world-class CRM solution for sales and marketing. In your role, you will ensure that the overall Salesforce solution at MathWorks optimizes our investment in Salesforce, balancing business needs with technical complexity. Your role will span all aspects of the software development lifecycle and include working as part of the development team alongside our business, and user experience teams. This is a highly collaborative environment where every individual’s input is valued. To be part of our close-knit agile team, you should bring technical skill, a passion for learning, dedication, a team spirit and lots of good humor!
- Understand and evaluate business requirements in the context of our overall system solutions, including systems outside of Salesforce (Eloqua, Oracle ERP, Custom Applications, Mathworks.com, etc.)
- Develop overall solution design options and recommendations, considering pros and cons (i.e. object structure, development of formulas, integration points, needs for non-native functionality)
- Participate in design review meetings and at times lead the evaluation of technical requirements and options
- Work with product owners, analysts, and business users to groom stories and participate in other agile ceremonies
- Write comprehensive design specifications (functional specifications, solution design document, technical design document)
- Coordinate and negotiate solutions in cross-functional scenarios with multiple parties and interests
- Configure, administer and develop within Salesforce using Visualforce, Apex, LWC, API, SOQL, and workflows.
- Stay abreast of the current and future Salesforce feature set relevant to our organization, in addition to general industry IT trends, and offer suggestions for team to adopt forward thinking features and technology
- Demonstrated experience in/with Salesforce
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Apex
- 5+ years professional experience including:
- 2+ years experience administering/solutioning/development with Salesforce
- 2+ years experience with projects involving relational databases and data modelling
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to learn quickly with the goal of working independently
- Proficiency in SQL and database concepts
- Experience working with AppExchange
- Solid organizational skills
- Creative and effective problem solver
- Experience with Web Development is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.