Software Engineer : Linux Kernel and Operating Systems
Resumen del empleo
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the infrastructure of a highly automated facility that supports building, testing, and deployment of all MathWorks products. We design, develop and implement infrastructure that increases scalability and performance of the services that support our Development organization
- Design, develop, and implement customizations to Linux kernel and Operating System
- Investigate, debug, identify root cause, and resolve system issues (OpenZFS, Linux Operating Systems etc.)
- Investigate, debug, identify root cause, and resolve client server protocols (NFS, CIFS etc.)
- Engage with Open Source Software community to discuss issues and resolve them
- Engage with major software vendors like Microsoft, Apple to understand and solve Operating System issues.
- Collaborate with MathWorks product development teams to investigate and resolve interface issues with client or server operating systems
You will enjoy and thrive in this role if you:
- Deep dive into issues and relentlessly pursue a resolution
- Don't hesitate to search the corners of the web and tech discussion forums to find a lead
- Are comfortable developing custom tooling to detect and reproduce issues
- Enjoy using and contributing to open source software
- Can efficiently navigate and operate Linux, Windows, and MacOS systems
- Have the ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues
- Are willing to challenge and be challenged by your co-workers
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Programming experience in C
- Assembly language experience is a plus
- Strong familiarity with debugging tools like tcpdump /Wireshark
- Experience with performance profiling tools (dtrace, bpftrace)
- Strong troubleshooting and debug skills
- Good working understanding of network storage systems
- Experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux (Network Protocols, file systems, etc.)
- Experience in working with ZFS is a plus
- Experience in working with client-server protocol like CIFS/SMB, NFS is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.