Corporate Events Director
Resumen del empleo
Seeking a seasoned event marketing professional to build out and lead a world-class Corporate Events team and help MathWorks strategically scale its largest customer-facing and internal events.
This position will sit at our corporate headquarters located in Natick, MA. MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home.
- Lead all aspects of in-person and online event planning and execution, including budgeting, site selection, content and program management, audio/visual production, registration, logistics, and post-event evaluation.
- Develop scalable event strategies, leverage best practices and processes, and propose initiatives that anticipate and reflect the changing needs of the company and industry trends.
- Develop and lead a high-performance event management team, leveraging existing event planning and execution resources within the company, as well as recruiting external talent
- Partner with senior decision-makers to define event objectives, schedules, required resources and measures of success for all events. Develop and present proposals to senior managers and other internal stakeholders, as appropriate
- Collaborate and coordinate with international field teams, internal support teams (e.g., audio/visual, travel, facilities) and other cross-functional departments to ensure flawless planning and execution of events
- Work with adjacent teams on development of effective experiential marketing and promotional strategies
- Prepare RFPs for event services, negotiate and execute contracts/agreements with venues, speakers, transportation and audio-visual companies, and other ancillary services for all events
- Manage all relevant vendor and staff resources on-site to ensure flawless execution of events
- Document and continuously improve all event related processes
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- 10+ years of event and experiential marketing experience in the high technology or software industry required
- 5+ years of direct management experience required
- A proven track record of planning and executing complex, large-scale events (5000+ participants); demonstrated experience leading global event programs consisting of in-person, virtual, and hybrid formats
- Superior negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with executive management and outside vendors
- Strong analytical skills; ability to demonstrate event ROI
- Experience implementing event and project management systems (e.g., Cvent, Jira)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.