Senior Program Manager
Resumen del empleo
As a Senior Program Manager at MathWorks, you will work on cross-functional teams and programs to develop high quality software that accelerates the pace of engineering and science. Online Product teams build reliable and secure cloud-based applications that enable our customers to quickly access and use MATLAB and Simulink anywhere globally on any device. In this role, you will be part of the cross-functional leadership group that will charter projects and programs to achieve strategic objectives. You will partner with the Engineering Managers and define processes and strategies to enable the cross-functional teams to plan, prioritize, and execute those projects efficiently and effectively.
• Facilitate planning process to create SMART multi-release plans that aligns with strategic objectives
• Identify dependencies and facilitate communications with dependent/impacted teams to negotiate and establish agreement of responsibilities and plans.
• Identify issues and risks, define a mitigation plan and track them to resolution or escalate appropriately
• Champion our core value of continuous improvement. Facilitate problem-solving to identify root causes of issues and ensure countermeasures address the problem effectively. Lead process improvement activities that eliminate significant sources of waste
• Design, pilot, and roll out new processes, best practices, standards, and KPI’s as needed to improve team efficiency and effectiveness while avoiding unnecessary duplication of/variation from standard processes
• Evaluate team agile development practices, identify opportunities for improvement, and execute a visible plan for their achievement
• Co-author and execute change management and pilot plans. Gather, analyze, and incorporate feedback.
• Monitor KPIs to identify issues in team quality or delivery rate - raise awareness; define, communicate, and track the plan to address those issues
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
• Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
• Experience in Program Management of commercial SaaS or Online Products and Services
• Ability to understand software technology; able to participate and contribute to technical conversations
• Ability to influence others even when you do not have direct authority over them
• Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban software development methodologies
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with Mobile App technology is a nice to have
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.