Same problem here. The external mode does work with certain very simple models. For example an analog input>double conversion>Embedded function for a y = u(5/1024); voltage conversion> scope combination works flawlessly. However, as soon as I add another analog input, I get the same error as sri. The minimum not working example is two analog inputs with two scopes. The exact procedure goes like this: the building process is successful, and it says " Model Successfully Downloaded to Arduino Mega 2560 ". But then, upon trying to connect to the board, the process hangs at " Initializing " and after a while I get " Error occurred while executing External Mode MEX-file 'ext_serial_win32_comm': Timed-out waiting for first connect response packet. " I've also tried to run a simple embedded function with an extended Kalman filter inside (no inputs or outputs on Arduino) and a scope, but the same thing happened.
- MATLAB Version: 18.104.22.1683 (R2012b)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
- Java Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
- Board: Arduino Mega 2560
- Fixed Step Discrete Solver (tried 1, 0.1 sec)
- External mode enabled.
- Baud rates 9600
- Overrun detection enabled, on pin 13
- Computer Lenovo ThinkPad T410i
Any help would be much appreciated.