The Live Editor and the Jupyter Notebook are similar in that you can mix code with output, run code in sections, and add formatted text, images, and equations to tell a story.
The Live Editor provides a new way to develop code for exploratory programming, to create an interactive narrative, and to present or teach. In particular, the Live Editor allows you to
- Choose between inline output and output on the right
- Zoom, pan, and rotate plots and get the generated code
- Format text interactively rather than through markdown
- Create equations using LaTeX or through an interactive equation editor
- Use functions hints, tab completion, and code analysis tools
The Live Editor is available in desktop MATLAB and in MATLAB Online. To find out more about the Live Editor, go the Live Editor web page. You can find example live scripts in the MATLAB documentation and on the MATLAB File Exchange.